At Brindishe Schools we believe that good attendance and punctuality are essential for the following reasons:
- research shows that children who attend school regularly do better at school and make better progress
- people who establish good patterns of timekeeping at an early age tend to keep these patterns for life
- children who attend school regularly and on time do not miss lessons, parts of lessons or vital pieces of information; they see themselves as ‘in the picture’ and as important members of the group
- children are entitled, in law, to receive a suitable education, either by regular attendance at school or otherwise. Schools and parents/carers are legally obliged to ensure that all children receive their entitlement
- it is not only a child’s learning that is affected by missing school; they also miss out on social aspects and this can affect their ability to make and keep their friendships - a vital part of growing up.